Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Feeling thankful

I am really lucky to have the family I have. I have always known this, but some days make it more known than others. Like today for instance.

I was at work and most of the people I work with have children so they were talking about their troublesome children and how they dicipline their children and the other thing I really had to go off of is how I was raised.

When I was younger I thought that sometimes my parents were the meanest people and I just hated some of the things they did and they always said you are going to thank me when you are older and other things to that affect and I never believed until I got a little older.

Listening to some of the moms I work with asking what they should do with their children or what they have been doing I just feel so thankful that I was raised by my parents.

Speaking of being thankful....Its November 2nd and that is making me think about Thanksgiving!!! and Chirstmas!!!! This time of the year I try to think about everything that I am thankful for. When I was younger the only thing I really focused on was the food and the presents, and dont get me wrong that is what I think about now too hahaha but I think about giving and being thankful for what I have more.

I couldnt have asked for a better family. They are supportive. They are loving. They are fun. They are exciting. They are goofy. They are crazy. And I love them more than words can describe. If I ever need anything I know I can always go to someone in my family and get the help I need, and that is how it has always been, and I realize not everyone has that.

I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to go to school. Going to culinary school has turned my whole life around. It actually makes me feel like I have meaning in life. It makes me feel like I am doing something with my life and I am actually going to succeed. Its a great feeling.

:)

There is just so much I could go on forever about how lucky I am and why. I cant wait to start getting things together to take to the road home. Last year me and Katie got a TON of stuff together and took it their and it felt so rewarding. I am so excited to do some service this year and do everything I can do to make other people have a great holiday season!!!

I freakin love my life!!! :) I am so happy. I am so lucky.

I couldnt ask for anything more <3

1 comment:

Tyler Rogers said...

Really touching stuff homegirl!